Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The only thing missing was the Tostitos and Dip!

Left to Right: Rutledge, Delaney, & Madeline

Madeline and I had our first playdates with my friend Jenny and her twins, Delaney and Rutledge. (Jenny had her babies about three weeks after Madeline was born, and they spent some time in the NICU.) Since Jenny and the babies have to stick close to the house, Madeline and I decided to take lunch to Jenny and visit those sweet babies once a week for the last three weeks.

What fun we had--mommies talking, eating lunch, more mommies talking, feeding babies, even more mommies talking, changing babies & trading tips, and LOTS of mommies talking. I got to Jenny's house around 12:30 thinking we would eat lunch, visit with the babies, and commiserate for a bit. Before Jenny and I knew it, it was 2 feedings later and almost 6 PM!!! Wow, we really needed a playdate where the mommies could socialize about any and everything. We had so much fun the first Monday that we went back the next Monday for a second playdate (read: LOTS MORE mommies talking)! And, yesterday, we went back for a third playdate. I think this may become a weekly adventure for us! I'm so excited that our children are so close in age, and they can grow up together! Jenny and I have already started planning our trip to Disney World together when the 3 kids are old enough to enjoy the magic of it all.

Delaney and Madeline on the sofa. These two little girls are going to be the best of friends!



Next time, I am going to convince Jenny that she needs to be a stay-at-home mommy instead of going back to work in a few weeks! Thanks Jenny, Delaney, and Rutledge for hosting such a wonderful and much needed playdate! Madeline and I had a glorious time!

No comments: