Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Still Ugly and Still Broken

Yep, I'm still in the boot 90% of the time, BUT I'm on the mend, I think! Dr. B was not super pleased with my most recent X-rays. The 3rd metatarsal is healing well. The 4th metatarsal that is broken closer to the toe joint is not healing as well. I'm sure having a 3 year old and and a 14 month old is not conducive to to a broken foot. But it looks better...
I'm able to work out more to my liking --- stationary bike hill programs and non-weight-bearing-weights-on-my-foot-type of weights. It's definitely not great, but it's not awful. I'm dealing with it and trying to take it day by day as I KNOW I need to let my foot heal, so I can be my normal crazy workout girl again.


I am still allowed to wear a shoe, but with the girls, my workouts, our day-to-day activities, and errands, I have gone back to wearing the boot most of the time. It's safer, easier, and stabilizes the bones better.


Bummer, two months of healing and at least one more to go. Hopefully, by April I'll be pain free, mostly mended, and able to toss the stinky boot out the back door! :)

No comments: