Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Picture Says it ALL!
Yep, that's right, Madeline is going to be a big sister later this year! I am about 12 weeks along, and things seem to be going well with the little peanut. I saw him/her on an ultrasound just bouncing around, wiggling, and heartbeat-a-thumping. It was a relief to see for myself that everything was so far, so good even though I've been more run down and nauseated with this pregnancy. But, no time for Mama pity parties when you have an almost two year old, a traveling hubby, screened porch & patio construction, and day-to-day life to handle.


My due date is December 10, 2010, one day after my 35th birthday. As a result of that, my doctor has labeled me "borderline high risk" which just cracks me up. Really, he says I'm not "high risk" as far as my health, weight, habits, etc., but it's just the number "they" use to determine high risk category. I guess it boils down to my eggs being a little older which puts me at more of a risk for chromosomal issues. All that doctor speak and those extra tests just make me nervous. I like to leave things up to the Big Man Upstairs...He knows what we can handle. I've decided that if Madeline and this little peanut can handle my during pregnancy work-outs, then I think all is well. Yep, I'm THAT pregnant girl in the gym about to pop still doing squats, lunges, crunches, running, & stair stepping all in the name of "bouncing back" once the baby is born.


Eric and I are beyond excited to expand our little family, and we look forward to these upcoming months of pregnancy, changes, transitions, and enjoying our last months as a family of three. From the looks of these pictures, Madeline looks pretty excited too.



2 comments:

Nancy said...

YEAH!! I am super excited for you. You are going to love being a mama to two - twice the fun :)

Les said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is such exciting news, Anne!